One major emphasis of the Distribution Management Association is to support educational programs and students at local area community colleges and Universities.
Scholarship Chair and Student Scholar Recipients
The DMA also sponsors attendance by students to industry events such as the Logistics Summit held each year in the Inland Empire. This is to encourage student involvement and the development of professional contacts. In addition, the DMA awards merit-based student scholarships each year to DMA members and family members. Hundreds of students have benefited over the last few years from educational support and scholarship activities provided by the association.
- Scholarships for area students pursuing logistics-related education
- Textbook library programs for colleges
- Educational program support
- Participation in advisory groups helping colleges and universities develop industry responsive
- Formal education and training programs
- Some member companies provide locations for interns to gain experience
- Sponsorship of education-based events such as the annual SuperTech competitions
- Sponsorship of students at DMA dinner meetings
- Low cost student membership rate
- Member / Children of Members only scholarships
Are you a student member, or child of a member of the DMA?
You are eligible for an Education Scholarship
Apply for this scholarship: 2019 Scholarship Form
This support takes many forms including direct scholarships to students and purchases of text books for courses focused on logistics and supply chain management. The text books are loaned to students and re-used throughout the life of the texts. The DMA has also established endowed scholarships at Chaffey College, San Bernardino Valley College and Norco College as well as the Other Endowed Scholarship managed through the Riverside Community College District Scholarship Foundation. These endowed scholarships are collectively valued at over $100,000.